Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Conversation Starters


Probably 3 or 4 years ago my son, Eric, gave me a t-shirt with 3 green circles on the front. I didn't think much of it until I started to wear the shirt around town. The shirt has been a great conversation starter with the video game crowd, especially teen boys or young men. I was in Mac Donald's one day wearing the shirt and a young man all dressed in black and very Gothic gave me a thumbs up and a hearty "I like your shirt". I have since learned that the logo is from a video game called "Splinter Cell". I have never played the game and have no desire to play it, but I have no problem wearing the shirt. This past week at our "Distad family reunion", my nephew noticed the shirt and we were instantly "friends". We had a good conversation about the game and how things are going in his life. I am not condoning the game, but I am glad that it has opened some conversations that I might not have other wise. God has a way of using unconventional things for His glory.

No comments: